Our cooperation with banks
As a supplementary bank, AKA has been assisting numerous banks in handling their export and trade finance business since 1952. Originally established as an institution for supporting its shareholder banks, AKA now offers many of its services to all banks. Far from competing with them for customers, AKA supports banks in their transactions.
AKA is a centre of competence for export finance
With its many decades of experience and established structures, AKA ensures maximum confidentiality combined with an approach based on a spirit of partnership. All documents and information received are treated in strict confidence.
Banks are able to rely on AKA’s expertise in export finance. When it comes to ECA-covered finance in particular, AKA holds considerable experience, having placed over 6,500 requests for cover with Euler Hermes for example. With its strategy of broadening its European base, it is now also working with numerous other ECAs to provide its business partners with comprehensive services.
Working with AKA allows banks to leverage numerous opportunities for broadening their own scope.
Strong network within the European trade finance market
Our ECA-business in Europe: AKA is offering you long-standing expertise concerning business processing with European export-credit insurers.
- Reduced pressure on limits by transferring up to 100 % of a loan to AKA
- Freeing up capacity
- Participating in/ takeover existing loans possible
- Retained visibility towards exporters and borrowers
- Leveraging of cross-selling effects for the referring bank
- No funding costs for the part assumed by AKA
- Use of basic agreements to speed up loan handling
- Basic agreements available for a large number of ECAs
- Possibility of AKA assuming agency function for syndicates with shareholder banks
- Preparation of documentation
- Full and skilled administration over the entire term of the loan including events of loss
- Pressure on limits eased by syndicating up to 90 % of a transaction
- AKA is only active on the secondary market and is therefore not a competitor
- in the form of an undisclosed sub-participation
- primarily in the form of an unfunded participation
- on a take-and-hold basis
- trade element necessary but no need for any link to the German market
- term of up to 12 months
- Fast reply (AKA strives to approve a loan within a maximum of 24 hours)
- Diversified address and country limits available for utilisation
- Handling of loan administration with ECA-covered finance
- Trust management in the event of debt rescheduling (Paris Club agreement)